Tuesday, October 25

Dining out on the pin cushion

Still enjoying the whole Macaroon-as-a-pin-cushion experience!

*This morning Google sent me links to sites featuring him. Youtube has the shortvideo from AFP which, to my delight, shows us going over to the judges and then Macaroon walking towards the camera—awewsome! And then a little bit of the interview I gave with him in my arms.

*I wonder if the Brits who read The Daily Mail UK online will see the images of my poor, abused, “humiliated” dog I treat so cruelly. You know that dressing our dogs in costumes for a few hours once a year is just like Toddlers and Tiaras.

*The professional photographer who smartly set up a small outdoor seamless in Tompkins Square Park on which to pose the dogs sent a link to the shots to peruse and perhaps purchase prints. Guess who was chosen to be the image of the gallery? Macaroon!

*In Central Park this morning I met a dog person who’s on the committee that oversees the Carl Schurz Halloween Howl and I gave her an earful about their prize structure so out of whack with their raffle prizes. She was amazed to learn how good the prizes are in Tompkins Square and that they give out 54 of them, plus the iPod Nano for “Best in Show.” I stressed that I was very happy to have won but that it was shocking that only the first prizes won more than a ribbon and that it was only a $20 gift certificate to a lovely online dog store but in which most items are over $20. So I will have to spend money to get my prize.

*And I nearly forgot to mention this little vignette. On the bus back uptown on Saturday I told the woman seated next to me that we had just competed in the Tompkins Square contest. “Oh, I love that! We missed it this year, but it’s so much fun!” she said, adding, “Last year there was a dog with a pat of butter hat!” “That was my dog! Macaroon was a stick of butter last year!” Now how weird and coincidental is that? And it’s not as if she listed a bunch of costumes. Just one. Ours. That awesome moment was almost as good as winning a prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment