Monday, August 30

My fabric stash and where I store it







Inspired as I was by the Sew Journal blog entry about organization, here I am reporting on how I organize my stash of fabrics.

Tiny studio and a fabric jones do not mix! It’s a challenge to collect fabric and keep it neatly when you live in two rooms plus bath, have one closet and a Murphy bed. But I have done it and I have lived to tell the tale.

I keep most of my stash in plastic bins. I favor the clear type so I can see the contents. But in a couple of places I have no choice but to buy whatever fits in the space.

My tall ceilings allow for storage upward, out of the way. On shelves in the bathroom I have big baskets that can hide bundles of fabric.

When I win the lottery, I will have a lovely sewing room in which I can bring together all the elements of my beloved fabric collection.






No comments:

Post a Comment